The transponder sends and receives optical signal from a fiber. eWAVE's transponder able to convert 850nm, 1310nm or 1550nm 10G signals to any DWDM channel or selected CWDM channel signals for metro or long haul transmission.
Transponders use pluggable transceivers (SFPs on the client side and XFPs on the line side) so they can be used in a wide variety of applications. Clients can be electrical or optical (1310 or 1550 nm), co-located or some distance away. Line side interfaces can be fiber, CWDM or DWDM with a variety of reaches supported.
a) The standalone eWAVE11001 chassis.
eWAVE11001 is a long distance transponder especially design for carriers or service providers who require a very cost effective and highly reliable network system based on 10 Gigibit Ethernet. By carrying one channel of 10GbE, the eWAVE11001 transports maximum of 140km with a pair of SMF. If EDFA is added, the transmission distance can reach 800km.
b) The 1G or 10G eWAVE's hot-pluggable line card that can be plug into DWDM or CWDM transmission systems (eWAVE4107 or eWAVE4107DiR). It's tunable over 89 C-band and 90 L-band channels. It is used as a fiber link transponder that converts 1310 10G signals into DWDM and CWDM signals for use with any industry ITU standard DWDM or CWDM multiplexers. With its large optical budget (up to 50 dB), it can extend DWDM/CWDM systems further than standard 10G transceivers.
- Applicable to DWDM, SONET/SDH, Ethernet Networks on C & L band
- Compliant with ITU-T G.709 and G.798
- Multi service compatible protocols (OC-48/192, SDH-16/64, 1GbE, 10GbE, and 10G Fiber Channel)
- Available for CWDM channels 1531,1551, 1571,1591, 1611nm or customized
- Assured 3R function (re-shaping, re-amplification ad re-timing)
- Forward Error Correction GFEC/EFEC
- GFP Mapping
- Long haul transport compatibility
- SONET class manageability such as BER and signal loss monitor
- Support transmission rates:
- SONET/SDH OC-192/STM64 9.9532 Gbps
- SONET/SDH OC-48/STM16 2.488Gbps
- 10GbE LAN PHY 10.3125 Gbps
- 10G Fiber Channel 10.518 Gbps
- OC-192/STM-64 FEC GFEC 10.664 Gbps
- ITU G.709 OTU-2 10.7092 Gbps
- G.709 10GbE OTU-1e 11.049 Gbps
- G.709 10GbE OTU-2e 11.0957 Gbps
- 10G Fiber Channel 11.318 Gbps
- FE 125Mbps